Do you love to read? Are you ready to make some noise for books? Do you want to meet your favourite authors and illustrators? Have you ever been to a “rock concert” for reading? This is your chance – be part of the largest literary event for young readers in Canada, the Festival of Trees™!
What You Can Do At The Festival?
- Attend Award Ceremonies for the Forest of Reading®
- Get involved in Author/Illustrator Workshops
- Have Authors and Illustrators sign your favourite Forest book!
- Take part in exciting activities and games
- Get excited for roving entertainment and vendors
- Win free prizes and books!
- Meet fellow young readers!
- Buy Forest of Reading books and merchandise
The Festival of Trees™ is Canada’s largest literary event for young readers and is continuing to grow. It culminates in a two-day awards celebration for the school-aged and French-language programs of the Forest of Reading® in Toronto, with other satellite Festivals taking place across Ontario. More than 10,000 people attend the Festival in Toronto, which is co-presented by International Festival of Authors (IFOA), at the Harbourfront Centre.
This year, the Festival of Trees was held in Sault Ste. Marie, London, and Toronto. The third annual French Festival of Trees was also be held in Toronto and this year it was on a separate day, expanding the Toronto Festival to 3 days!
2016 Forest of Reading® Award Winners
The winners of the 2016 Forest of Reading Awards were announced at the Toronto and French Festivals of Trees on May 17, May 18, and May 19. Please download the news release to see who won!